Becoming A Business Partner
Learn the essential consulting skills to become an invaluable business partner in your business. Business partnership extends far beyond subject matter expertise. This course will show you how to think strategically, build trust and ensure your professional credibility influences key decision makers in the business.
One-day course delivered as an in-house workshop or one-to-one coaching programme.
Business Partnering is a process whereby specialists in specific fields work closely with Line Managers or Business Leaders to achieve shared strategic company objectives. Various functions within a business might be based on a business partnering model including finance, human resources, legal and marketing roles.
The skills associated with business partnership extend far beyond standard expected knowledge and competencies. This workshop or one-to-one coaching programme provides the skills and tools to learn how to become an effective business partner in your organisation.
New, aspiring or experienced business partners who wish develop or enhance their ability to help the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- The Business Partnership Model
- Developing business acumen
- Assertive Communication Skills
- Behavioural styles
- Fundamental skills
- Barriers to success
- Internal consulting
- The Trusted Advisor
- Resilience in the face of opposition
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation techniques
- Manipulation and Power Plays
On completion of this workshop or one-to-one coaching programme, participants will be able to…
- Identify and apply the skills associated with successful business partnership
- Understand your behavioural style and its application to the business partner model
- Enhance internal consulting skills
- Become a Trusted Advisor to the business
- Overcome barriers and opposition